Find a Career At Fortitude Strength
ABOUT FORTITUDE STRENGTH:
Our vision is to create stronger people who have the capacity and ability to live a more fulfilled life. Our mission is to guide the people who have been failed by the fitness industry regain their ability to live an active fulfilling life with individual support.
Fortitude Strength is an innovator in the Branch County area. We are a strength and conditioning facility that focuses on bridging the gap between fitness and healthcare. We differentiate our services by developing a personalized plan for each individual, addressing their unique needs and goals.
Our professional coaches use movement assessments to collect data that form the basis of each individual training program. We meet regularly with our clients to measure their progress, reassess goals and adjust their program accordingly.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Our Lead Trainer will have the primary responsibility of creating a safe and effective training environment for our clients by developing staff.
- Oversight of the entire training staff including: 1 on 1, Nutrition Coaching, and group training
- Managing training schedule including coordinating/covering sessions
- Scheduling and performing consultations with new and current clients
- Designing and reviewing programming with coaching staff
- Ensure client expectations are being met
- Evaluate coaching performance on a regular basis
- Manage individual client + class load for staff
- Develop and maintain culture and professionalism of staff
- Provide onboarding, training and feedback to staff
- Support continuous improvement of processes
- Professional and engaging presence and attitude
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Group management and delegation
- Autonomy and self-management skills
- Organizational skills
- High follow through
- Ability to manage and adhere to timelines
- Computer application skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
3-5 years of experience in personal training, group fitness class training or other similar experience is preferred, but not required to apply
Experience or education in developing and delivering customized training dependent on client needs and goals
Education in fitness training, similar to or including one or more of the following: ACSM, ACE, NASM, OPEX CCP, AL-P, CF-L3, or health/fitness-related degree
Active Life AL-P enrollment required within first 6 months of employment (paid for by Fortitude Strength)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Normal working conditions require the ability to see clients’ movements, hear clients’ questions and provide verbal, visual and tactile feedback. The position requires standing, walking and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly. The environment includes moderate to loud noise.
EXPECTATIONS AND OPPORTUNITIES
The Lead Trainer will be expected to lead approximately 11 group training sessions/week, dedicate 5 hours to Head Coach responsibilities and typically spend 6 hours on sales activities.
The position carries with it a base salary for the above responsibilities with an opportunity to earn commissions and 1 on 1 training revenue.